Beware: Today is the third Friday the 13 for 2012, and all three have been 13 weeks apart! We’ve all heard about breaking mirrors and spilling salt, but here are 13 of the lesser-known superstitions to look out for today.
1. Putting New Shoes on the Table will bring death to the house.
2. Placing a hat on the bed brings bad luck to the owner of the hat.
3. If you don’t go out through the door you came in, then bad luck will follow.
4. If you happen to see an owl in the daylight, then your death is imminent.
5. Crossing two knives accidentally will bring you bad luck.
6. Do not sit on a table unless your feet are touching the floor as it indicates bad omen.
7. It is supposed to bring you bad luck if you meet a red-haired woman in the morning.
8. A candle that is burning with a blue flame will portends death in the house.
9. If a chair falls as soon as the person sitting on it gets up, then it is considered unlucky for the person.
10. If a cow moos constantly, there is a danger to the health of its master.
11. If you see a funeral on your way, then you need to take three steps back, otherwise bad luck will come.
12. If a person’s photograph falls from the wall without any reason, then it means that the person is going to be dead soon.
This last one is for Cathy, who starts her Alaskan cruise Saturday (which is good, because starting a cruise on Friday is also bad luck):
13. Stepping on board a ship left foot first is a bad omen.
Best of luck to you all today!